Now that the smoke has cleared and I have come down from Mr Holmes ‘ posting of garbage. But I’m back, on the trail of the truth.
I decided to make a list of the untruths that have come from this School Board concerning the Mil Levy Override. It is time to write a letter to the Editor so the citizens of Ellicott can get a clear picture of what is and will happen. Here is what Mr Hudson, first told the Ranchland and the citizens:
– the mil override would be 1 mil for 5 years
– the mil override would be used for sport facilities upgrades
– Metro would not support the upgrades unless the citizens passed the override
– the board had applied for grants
– supported by the attendees of the Community Meeting
– after the Community meeting an Override Committee was created
– the cost of just getting the override on the ballot is est.<$7000.00
– the cost of legal rewrite est. <$2000.00
Then the next rewrite of the override. It must be noted that after the working meeting the board discussed these issues; increasing the override to 3 mil, keeping the override to 5 years, using the words for sport facilities. Then the board sent the draft words to the district’s lawyers. This comes back, the override will be 3 mil for five years but if the override does not generate $75,000 per year the board can increase the rate to WHATEVER does generate the $75,000 for that year. Also the lawyers must have thought that the override would stand a better chance of passing if they added the word education. So now it says to be used for education and sport facilities of the District.
So now another story of the override or maybe the most recent story:
– the mil levy override is now 3 mil for five years
– the override would be used for education and sport facilities
– there is no documentation that the Board or district has discussed anything with Metro
– there is no documentation that the board or district has applied to any grant organization.
– there has been no discussion with any organization concerning assisting with the projects
– after listening to the Community meeting there was no support for the override. only three citizens at the meeting per the board minutes.
– there appears to be no Override Committee
– no final cost for the placement on the ballot
– no final cost of the legal fee
So folks there is a lot of smoke floating around. This board is blinding spending the communities’ dollars on feel good things, but requiring no proof that the expenditures are getting any return on our educational dollar.
Can’t our elected officials just be straight with us, guess not.
Mrs Twiss was against the entire override issue because the rest of the board had no plan, it seems that happens a lot. Next the chef will review the letter the board sent out a few months back to see just how many Pinocchio, there are NOW.
The EAR HAS POINTED OUT A FEW THINGS SO I WILL NOW ATTEND BOARD MEETING AND MAKE MY PRESENT NOTICED. THANKS EAR, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK. HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS TO ASK.
Integrity in Leadership