In response to a recently post by the Insider. Are you saying the firm, Holscher, Mayberry & Company, LLC, Certified Accountants, that performs audits for a number of school districts, is in cahoots with the D22’s School Board? I would like to remind my readers that the current School Board voted to continue to use Holscher, Mayberry & Company, as the District’s Audit company. Second; each (current and present) Board member reviews the budget and votes on it each month. They have the opportunity to question everything on the budget document. And finally; the examples the Insider uses are scandals/crimes, where is the proof that Ellicott has a scandal/crime? If you have it call the DA, he has 20+ assistances, just waiting for work, but it requires proof.
In the continued Search for the Truth, I have a few questions for the Insider or anyone else and hopefully you will provide us some answers.
1. What information have you asked for and not received, post a copy of the CORA request.
2. What “rules” are not being followed by the Finance team?
3. What story is consistently being untold?
4. Who is continually lying?
5. What school policy and state laws are the Finance team not following?
6. What request has the Finance team refused, “many times to the board”? There are only two that can refuse Cora or Board request, the Board or the Superintendent, not the Finance team.
7. Who submitted the CORA request, requesting the Finance team’s salaries?
8. Where did you get the information concerning a $5000.00 check being paid to Mr Ebert? Do you have a check number? What month did it happen?
9. Where did you get the info concerning Mr Peterson?
10. Have you reviewed the requirements for District Finance personnel in the other rural District’s?
11. Are you saying that the members of the current and past Boards didn’t do their job? Budget oversight is one of the main responsibilities of a School Board.
12. If these are such great and important issues, requiring addressing, why not attend the School Board meeting on the 21st and ask the entire Board to provide you answers? Isn’t that the proper way to get your answers.
13. Insider just where and when did the “finance team” wave around the recent audit? I believe I was the only one using the audit to rebut negative comments for some. But what is the issue of someone being proud of what they do. The Auditor did say they were doing a good job with the District’s money.
14. Why would you use the Ear as the base for you argument, “accurate???” just a bunch of folk’s making statements.
Thanks, for what I hope are answers.
Integrity in Leadership